1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.4 You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3. Copyright notice
3.1 Copyright (c) 2016 Tacit Connexions Limited.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions: (a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and (b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4. Licence to use website
4.1 You may: (a) view pages from our website in a web browser; (b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser; (c) print pages from our website; (d) stream audio and video files from our website; and (e) use our website services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4.4 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not: (a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website); (b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website; (c) show any material from our website in public; (d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or (e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5. Acceptable use
5.1 You must not: (a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website; (b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity; (c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software; (d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent; (e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing; (f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or (g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6. Registration and accounts
Does not apply at present.
7. User login details
Does not apply at present.
8. Cancellation and suspension of account
Does not apply at present.
9. Your content: licence
9.1 In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
9.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this website.
9.3 You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
9.4 You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
9.5 You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
9.6 You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
9.7 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
10. Your content: rules
10.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
10.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
10.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not: (a) be libellous or maliciously false; (b) be obscene or indecent; (c) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right; (d) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation; (e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement; (f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime[, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity]; (g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; (h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation; (i) be blasphemous; (j) be in breach of official secrets legislation; (k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person; (l) depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner; (m) be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit; (n) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; (o) consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage; (p) constitute spam; (q) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or (r) cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
11. Limited warranties
11.1 We do not warrant or represent: (a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website; (b) that the material on the website is up to date; or (c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
11.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
11.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
12. Limitations and exclusions of liability
12.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
12.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (a) are subject to Section 12.1; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
12.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
12.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
12.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
12.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
12.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
13. Breaches of these terms and conditions
13.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may: (a) send you one or more formal warnings; (b) temporarily suspend your access to our website; (c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website; (d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website; (e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website; (f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
13.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
14.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
14.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
14.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
15.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
15.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
16.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
16.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
17. Third party rights
17.1 A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
17.2 The exercise of the parties' rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
18. Entire agreement
18.1 Subject to Section 12.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
19. Law and jurisdiction
19.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
19.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. Statutory and regulatory disclosures
20.1 We are registered in England and Wales; you can find the online version of the register at www.companieshouse.gov.uk, and our registration number is 04742476.
21. Our details
21.1 This website is owned and operated by Tacit Connexions Limited.
21.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 04742476, and our registered office is at Pondwood Farm, Maidenhead Road, Wokingham RG40 5RU, UK.
21.3 Our principal place of business is at the address given above.
21.4 You can contact us: (a) by post, using the postal address given above; (b) using our website contact form; (c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or (d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
TOP OF PAGE
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. In this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication) and
(b) any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Using personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to: (a) administer our website and business; (b) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested; (c) send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); (d) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website; (e) keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and (f) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
- Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information: (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law; (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
- Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data: (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law; (b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Security of personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
- Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: (a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Third party websites
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Updating information
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Data Protection Registration
- Our business adheres to the principles of the Data Protection Act and understands best practice for managing information. We are not required to register as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
- Our details
- This website is owned and operated by Tacit Connexions Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 04742476, and our registered office and principal place of business is at Tacit Connexions Limited, Pondwood Farm, Maidenhead Road, Wokingham RG41 3HT, UK. You can contact us: (a) by post, using the postal address given above; (b) using our website contact form; (c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or (d) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
TOP OF PAGE